Department heads and/or faculty are responsible for ensuring complete evacuation of areas under their control. To assure the safety of our faculty and staff, fire safety equipment will be examined by the drill coordination staff for proper operation during drills. A minimum amount of extra time will be needed to perform this operation.
Procedures for Occupants:
1. When alarm is sounded, proceeded by the most direct means, in keeping with the equitable distribution of traffic, to the nearest exit and stand at least 25 yards outside of the building;
2. Leave the lights on;
3. Close all doors;
4. Turn off room fans: leave hood fans on;
5. Turn off all electrical and gas appliances;
6. Doors to the corridors are to be closed. In the event of an actual fire, leave doors in the immediate areas unlocked; and
7. Occupants may re-enter the building when ALL CLEAR is announced by college personnel conducting the drill.
Exceptions to Evacuations during Fire Drills Only:
1. Persons who are involved in critical lab experiments or lab processes, which cannot be left unattended, will be allowed to remain; and
2. Persons using a wheelchair or crutches will be allowed to remain, however, one able bodied person will be required to remain who would be responsible for said person, should evacuation be necessary.
If you have any questions, please contact David Pawlak at extension 5447. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
Back to Top
Some content on this page is saved in PDF format. To view these files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader free. If you are having trouble reading a document, request an accessible copy of the PDF or Word Document.